Sunday, September 16, 2012

California dreaming...


So as most of you will know we have arrived safely in the United States of America with luggage, laptops and tennis racquets intact.

We successfully made it through USA customs but only after being marched through LAX with armed guards for interrogation on why Iain had outstayed his last USA visa while at summer camp! Fortunately for us passport control were just having a laugh at our expense, after 10 hours in a plane we didn't find it very funny.

After a week of the glitz and glam in West Hollywood we finally moved to our rented flat on 3rd Street, Santa Monica, home for the next 6 months. In the words of The Lonely Planet this is LA's cute, alluring hippie-chic little sister, it's karmic counterbalance and, to many, it's salvation! And they were right, Santa Monica is a dream. Right by the sea it has a laid back beachy feel but also has plenty of shops, coffee shops and things to do.  Our flat is perfectly located 2 blocks from the beach and 2 blocks from the nearest Starbucks...bingo!!


Iain has started work at UCLA ( University of California Los Angeles) and I have started on my Dermatology Dpiloma- which to my surprise and horror looks like it  might entail doing some serious work!

We have only been in LA 2 weeks but already there are so many things I want to share with everyone back home..little things we've done or seen, or just how friendly and crazy the people are here. So hopefully with this blog I can keep you updated with pictures and stories and a little insight into life in Santa Monica, LA. Oh and of course celebrity sightings..

Please please comment  on my entries...tell me what you think, let me know what's going on back home, and bring me back down to earth if I get carried away with California dreaming. Kx



PS :am fully aware this blog is not likely to last till the end of the week and my computer skills leave much to be desired..



No comments:

Post a Comment