Sunday, October 14, 2012

My first handstand

 
California is Yoga mad...EVERYBODY does it ...Walking around Santa Monica you will find a yoga class going on pretty much every street on every hour of every day...

 So I thought I would give it try... I wasn't expecting much, had always thought Yoga was bit of a cop out from doing some real exercise. A nice thing to do on a Saturday morning before coffee maybe......or  maybe not!!

My first yoga class was a real shocker.

The leaflet had said “ mixed levels” but it seemed that I had joined the super duper advanced class. How hard can it be I thought and confidently unrolled my mat. However when the supertoned teeny weeny instructor starts, "Let's begin with down dog...now up dog...then onto warrior..and broken tree..."I knew I was in trouble...

The group seamlessly flowed into different poses and contorsions.... I followed behind, arms and legs everywhere and collapsing in heap well before everyone else. By the end of it I was exhausted, the rest of the week my muscles ached in places I didn’t even know I had muscles! I was impressed by the others who seemed soo strong, so incontrol and soo flexible!!

So that was it I was converted...
Today I did my first handstand in about 15 years....it was so much fun and a little bit liberating too....

Kx

Ps it is also a nice thing to do before coffee on a saturday morning providing you're not too sweaty!!
Dont have any photos of yoga-but we found this little guy at the zoo and he's super relaxed....

No comments:

Post a Comment